I can’t sleep
It is a well-known fact that in order to keep yourself physically and mentally healthy you need a good night sleep. Sleep which is built around comfort, relaxation, regular routine and a memory foam mattress or memory foam topper.
If you have a sprung mattress with damaged springs then you are not going to get a good night sleep if you are uncomfortable, constantly turning to gain comfort or you sink into the middle of your mattress. This is when a memory foam mattress and pillow comes in very useful.
Memory foam mattresses were originally developed as astronauts suffered discomfort as they took off and headed into orbit. The mattress material which is known as memory foam was created by NASA to give these astronauts the comfort that they needed during lift off. It was after this breakthrough that the memory foam bedding boom began.
So what is memory foam?
There are a number of memory foam products including:-
- Mattresses which mold to your body shape offering support to your pressure points
- Toppers to place on top of a good mattress
- Pillows to support your neck
- Travel Pillows for those long journeys
- Mattress protectors to keep your mattress clean and fresh
- Memory foam quilts which are perfect for the cold weather to retain a comfortable temperature for a great night sleep
- Specially designed Memory foam cushions to support your legs in bed
- Memory foam lumbar support pillows which are perfect for people who are sat at a computer for long periods of time. This pillow offers support for your back.
Memory foam is made up of cells, firm to lie on for full support of your back, neck and limbs, and a material which is highly sensitive to temperature change for your comfort and relaxation. With the cells being open ended it makes them much better for molding to your body contours so that the mattress does not sink in the middle of the bed, you cannot feel the springs through the mattress material as there are no springs.
Not only can you get memory foam mattresses, you will find that there are more choices available to you, such as memory foam toppers and memory foam pillows. A topper is a perfect substitute for a memory foam mattress; they fit snuggly over the top of your usual mattress to offer you a deluxe feel to your bed.
If you choose to use a memory foam topper then it is best to use it over a mattress which is in reasonable condition. If your current mattress is damaged and sinking in the middle then the topper will do the same although to a lesser degree. If your mattress is damaged then it is far better to get yourself a new full memory foam mattress for a piece of luxury at night.
The benefits of the pillows
There are a number of different memory foam pillows including:-
- Ergonomic cushions which are designed to support your neck by being shaped to the shape of your neck and head.
- Traditionally shaped Memory Foam pillows which are of a slightly softer nature than the ergonomic cushions. They are still made to offer you full support to your head and neck which prevents neck and back pain.
- Memory foam pillows which are specifically shaped for you to lie in ultimate comfort no matter whether you are sleeping on your back, side or front.
- Travel pillows which are numerous in designs, whether you chose them to support your back with lumbar pillows, neck support pillows or traditional shaped pillows to place in your suitcases. There is a memory foam pillow made for you to support you in everything you do.