From NASA to your bed
There was a time when the only way of using visco-elastic polyurethane foam was to be a part of NASA’s astronauts for the space program. NASA released the foam to the general public where a Swedish company bought the idea and started to create a new form of bedding which was initially used for patients in hospitals, hospices, nursing homes and disabled people who were wheelchair bound.
Since this time the popularity of memory foam has exploded due to how comfortable, unbiased and luxurious the memory foam is. The memory foam cradles your body, supports all of your joints and muscles, helps to prevent pressure sores and will offer you the best night’s sleep you have ever had.
When you are shopping for a new memory foam mattress you should think about certain things to ensure that you buy yourself the best mattress for you. These considerations include:-
- As much as you might think different, memory foam is not always made of the same material, there are different forms of memory foam which offer therapeutic properties and support. The difference in memory foam comes in the form of different density, different cell structure, and different foam bases etc.
- The size of your bed. Do you know for sure whether your bed is a double, king size, queen size or a European king size? If you buy a king size mattress and only have a double mattress then the mattress is not going to fit. You need to ensure that you know what you are buying with regards to size.
- Your bed base can play a part in how your memory foam mattress performs. For example if you have a bed which has slats then if the slats are too far apart then you may find that the memory foam is compromised. If you have a bed which has a solid base then you have the perfect base for a memory foam bed. Needless to say, this does not mean that just because you have chosen to purchase a memory foam mattress you do not have to go and spend out on a whole new bed. You can manage on the bed base you have.
- Make sure that you understand the overall depth of mattress. There is a foam layer on top of the mattress inside the cover; you need to understand that there are different foam layer thicknesses.
- Check that the company is reputable, check for the ILD on mattress which defines the Indentation Load Deflection. Make sure that your memory foam is being sold by a dealer offering a guarantee and a warranty. Be aware of online dealers, make sure that they can be traced, they are above board. It is best to go where you can see the mattress before purchasing it, feel it and be assured that there is a home trial.
No matter what size or weight you are, there is a memory foam topper or mattress to suit you to ensure that you have the most comfortable, relaxed, non-forced sleep fill night. You will fall into a relaxed slumber on the most luxurious, opulent, rich mattress and memory foam pillow. The pillow will offer you ultimate comfort for your neck, shoulders and help your posture.